ROUTE- Damaged Items Policies
If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to the retailer (unless the retailer indicates otherwise).
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
Route does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. At our discretion, we may offer a 15-30% refund depending on the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Route requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- For existing subscriptions where your customers have purchased Route Package Protection, if any of your customer's items in the subscription were lost, stolen, or damaged in transit and can be purchased individually, Route will reorder them. If the items cannot be purchased, then Route will refund the items.
- Route cannot reorder and create an entirely new subscription because Route would be paying for the customer's monthly subscription.
- Route cannot reorder customized items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Route can offer a refund instead.
Out of stock
Route doesn’t have visibility to the retailer’s inventory or when they will have the customer’s item back in stock.
- Route can offer the customer a refund for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock.