ROUTE- General Policies
Input wrong address
If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Route does not cover this.
- The customer needs to reach out to the retailer to remedy the incorrect address.
If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Route is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
- The customer needs to reach out to the retailer. This request may be covered under the retailer’s return policy.
Too late to file
Route can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Route will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises."
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Route will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Route will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once Route refunds the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
No tracking information
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available. In these instances, Route will reach out to the retailer to see if one can be provided.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- Route is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Route will not cover order issues for items shipped to countries that are not sanctioned by the US. List available here
Closed order issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Route will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
Didn't want Route
If the customer’s package has not shipped, Route can refund the Route premium.
- If the item has shipped, Route is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
Checkout requires ID verification
- Route doesn’t upload our employee’s proof of ID to replace the customer’s order.
- If the customer ordered from a store that requires the extra ID verification step, Route can offer the customer a refund instead to protect each party’s identity.